Oops! You clicked on a phishing email… luckily this was just a test!
Over 90% of successful hacks and data breaches start with phishing scams. Reports estimate that 3.4 billion malicious emails are sent daily worldwide.
Remember these rules for avoiding phishing scams:
STOP AND THINK before you click
- Check the address and subject line
- Be suspicious of untidy design
- Look out for spelling mistakes
- If it’s too good to be true, it probably is
- Consider context. Were you expecting this email?
- Compare if you can
- AND always verify with the sender through a different medium
Find out more on how to avoid cybercrime
Video – How to spot a phishing email
Phishing scams are becoming more sophisticated and harder to spot, learn how to spot a phishing email and protect yourself and your organisation from cybercrime.
Blog – Top tips for avoiding phishing emails
A phishing email tries to get you to let your guard down and give access or information to cyber criminals. They are often designed and written in a way […]
Ask the expert: answering the internet’s Phishing questions
In this blog our lead cybersecurity consultant answers the most common questions we get about phishing.