The Tech She Can Charter: our commitment
Posted on September 13, 2021 by Louise HowlandThe Tech She Can Charter is an initiative led by PwC to increase the number of women working in technology roles in the UK. The current lack of gender balance is an industry wide issue that ramsac have experienced first-hand, typically women make up just 15% of our job applicants. We have signed the Tech She can Charter as a commitment to challenge this issue and to encourage more women into technical roles. The Charter aims to tackle the root cause of the problem at a societal level by inspiring and educating young girls and women to get into tech careers and sharing best practice across the organisations involved. In signing the Charter, we have agreed to
- Work with schools to educate and inspire pupils and teachers about technology careers.
- Support social mobility by targeting schools in the Government’s social mobility ‘cold spots’.
- Creating role models, we will work together to celebrate and promote our successful women in tech role models at all levels.
- Inclusive access, to ensure access to technology training and technology roles in their own organisations and review job descriptions and wording and the way we recruit to be more inclusive.
- Attract, recruit, retain, to offer formal work experience programmes or internships via our own organisations to encourage more females to consider technology as a career option.
- Sharing best practice – We commit to meeting regularly to share what works at our organisations and any challenges, so that we can learn from each other.